Monday, July 27, 2020

Cheers

Had to admit the whole current situation(s) in America kind of got to me a bit this morning. So, to cheer myself up, I went outside with my pruning shears. It was warm and sunny, with a bit of breeze. There was no screen in front of my face and, for a few minutes, I wasn't backspacing over the latest in my endless series of typographic errors as I use my keyboard, which is pretty much all I do all day.

I cut these blossoms from two of our crepe myrtle trees and put them in a glass vase with water. Just doing that simple thing and having these flowers to look at cheered me up some.

If you are feeling down, go outside, feel the sun and breeze, and pick a flower. It helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You must have a Google account to comment. See my terms of use before commenting.