Thursday, November 3, 2022

Every Man's Death Diminishes Me (but some more than others)

"Needless to say, I was not sad when he died. I also like to think I wasn’t happy."

That's LZ Granderson, talking about Rush Limbaugh. He goes on to explain that someone else's pain should never be anyone's joy, and I agree with him. But Rush Limbaugh is dead and I am happy about that. He died unpleasantly and I am not happy about how he died. I'm just glad he's gone. He hurt countless people and, in the process, fueled the engines of hate and lies that helped get us where we are today (about to lose an election because of hate and lies, mostly the lies).

No, I have no joy in anyone's pain. But I am glad Rush Limbaugh is dead and gone. My world is better without him, and I don't mind saying so.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You must have a Google account to comment. See my terms of use before commenting.